How do I activate my computing account?
- New students will receive instructions to activate their new account in their offer letter.
- Lehigh computing account passwords expire every six months and can be changed at: https://accounts.lehigh.edu/change/
How do I access my course web site?
- Login requires your Lehigh username and password
How do I access my final course grades?
- Login to CONNECT Lehigh and clock on the "Banner" icon
- USe the following path to find your final course grades that have been submitted:
- "Student Services" -> "Student Academic Records" -> "Final Grades"
- Select a term from the pull-down menu and clock "Submit"
How do I access Library and Technology Services?
- LUapps (Allows faculty, staff, and students to use some of LU's most popular software via the VMWare View client, which is installable on any computer, on or off campus. Once connected, users will be able to run any application listed on the description page without the need to install it on their own computer.)
How do I access the Distance Education Technical Services Directory?
- Click here to view the full Distance Education Staff Directory
What are the technological requirements?
|2.8 GHz Intel Pentium IV processor or greater||Intel processor|
|2 GB of RAM, 4 GB or greater recommended||2 GB of RAM, 4 GB or greater recommended|
|High-speed Internet connection (20Mbps or greater recommended)||High-speed Internet connection (20Mbps or greater recommended)|
|USB Headset with a built-in microphone*||USB Headset with a built-in microphone*|
|Windows 10 Home / Pro*** (Limited support for Windows 8.1)||Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)+|
|Web browser - Latest versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox||Web browser - Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari|
|Windows Media Player
Microsoft Silverlight 2.0+
RealPlayer 16 (Limited use)
|Flip4Mac or VLC Player
Microsoft Silverlight 2.0+
RealPlayer 10 through SP (Limited use)
|Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (2007 or newer)||Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (2008 or newer)|
|Zoom Cloud Meetings*||Zoom Cloud Meetings*|
*Required for Classroom LIVE.
**Required for most Classroom LIVE courses.
***Windows 10 S is not supported at this time.
How can I test to see if my technology will work?
Please use the following links to test that your system configuration is compatible with each video format.
|Zoom||Connect to Test Meeting|
Below are two guides to provide you with instructions in information about the features of Zoom web conferencing and the ability to record meetings.
Taking an Online Course
Distance Education Technical Support Contacts
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click here to view a complete list of Distance Education technical support contacts.