You are here
Lehigh University's Office of Distance Education has been committed to providing high-quality, academically-challenging graduate degrees, certificates, and professional development courses to working professionals since 1992. Ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year, Lehigh University is well-recognized for academic excellence, faculty members who are world-class scholars, known for their excellence in research. Graduate students closely collaborate with faculty to create new knowledge and develop answers to some of our world’s most pressing issues.
Lehigh University's distance education program provides the student with the same level of educational excellence for which Lehigh University is renowned and strives to maintain the same level of quality of instruction and student service that is available to our on-campus students. Courses in the distance education program are the same courses taught on campus. In fact, most of the courses are created directly from the campus classroom and include all the same requirements, assignments, and opportunities for interaction with the faculty and other students. This means that credits for all courses taken through the distance education program, all grades posted on the official transcript, and the diploma that is issued are identical to those for on-campus students. No distinctions are made.
With the emphasis on quality, convenience, and flexibility, the Office of Distance Education offers graduate-level programs in business, engineering, science, as well as interdisciplinary areas. Each program, whether degree or certificate, focuses study in a particular area through selected courses, offering benefits to students and employers alike:
- Lehigh University excellence
- Innovative programs
- Involved faculty
- Convenient access
- Flexible schedules
- Targeted topics
Two learning platforms are utilized:
- Classroom LIVE, an integrated, interactive, web-based virtual environment that delivers programs in real time from classrooms on Lehigh's campus to students, in their homes, at their workplaces, or while traveling.
- Classroom Online, an asynchronous online format that offers flexible scheduling and participation.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- Accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Licensed by the State of New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- Named a "Preferred Educational Partner" by Merck & Company
- Named a "Preferred School Partner" by Boeing Company
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association – USDLA
Click here to contact the Distance Education Staff.