Mission Statement: The Office of Distance Education at Lehigh University is committed to providing graduate and professional education, in real-time or asynchronously, to a global workforce through the use of the best delivery technology platforms available. The guiding principles of the program include academic excellence, convenience, and adherence to best practices for student and faculty support and client satisfaction.
Overview: Lehigh University's Office of Distance Education has been committed to providing high-quality, academically-challenging graduate degrees, certificates, and professional development courses to individuals ready to take the next step in their career. Ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year, Lehigh University is well-recognized for academic excellence, faculty members who are world-class scholars, known for their excellence in research.
Lehigh University's distance education program provides the student with the same level of educational excellence for which Lehigh University is renowned. Courses in the distance education program are the same courses taught on campus. In fact, most of the courses are created directly from the campus classroom and include all the same requirements, assignments, and opportunities for interaction with the faculty and other students.
- Classroom LIVE, an interactive, web-based classroom environment that integrates classrooms on Lehigh's campus in real-time with online students in their homes, at their workplaces, or while traveling.
- Classroom Online, an asynchronous online format that offers flexible scheduling and participation.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- Accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- Licensed by the State of New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- Named a "Preferred Educational Partner" by Merck & Company
- Named a "Preferred School Partner" by Boeing Company
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association – USDLA